The Ashesi Education
Ashesi University offers four-year bachelors degrees in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Business Administration, based on a liberal arts core curriculum. A service learning component is built into the curriculum. The Ashesi education challenges students to not only hone their critical thinking and communication skills, but also apply theory to practice through class projects and internships.
1. Ethics and Civic Engagement
An Ashesi student is an ethical, responsible and engaged member of his/her community.
- Demonstrates concern for others
- Has the courage to be ethical and demand ethical behaviour from his/her peers
- Does the right thing when nobody is looking
2. Critical thinking and Quantitative Reasoning
An Ashesi student is able to apply critical thinking and quantitative reasoning to approach complex problems.
- Demonstrates skills in data analysis and modeling
- Sees things from multiple perspectives
- Has awareness of a broad range of concepts and ideas that have personal, local and global significance
An Ashesi student is an excellent communicator in a variety of forms.
4. Leadership and Teamwork
An Ashesi student is adept at leading and functioning in teams.
- Demonstrates confidence and humility
- Has good interpersonal skills and engages fully with members of a team
- Is organized and able to plan and follow through on complex projects
5. Innovation and Action
An Ashesi student takes intellectual risks and demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit.
6. Curiosity and Skill
An Ashesi student is inquisitive and confident, has breadth of knowledge, and has attained a high level of mastery in his/her chosen field.
- Probes deeply and continuously in a chosen field
- Keeps an open mind
- Shows confidence but never feels he/she knows it all
- Demonstrates awareness of global and multicultural issues
7. Technological Competence
An Ashesi student is an effective and flexible user of technology.
Please visit the Office of the Dean of Academic Affairs for details on how faculty implement the learning goals.